Pages

Thursday 3 December 2020

Starry Night Art

Malo e lelei readers.

As you know the theme for this term is “Art Alive”. For this term each class from team 5 had to study, a famous artist. My class, room 4 had an artist called Vincent van Gogh. He was a Dutch post-impressionist painter. Vincent was famed for his bold, dramatic brush strokes, which often expressed emotion and added a feeling of movement to his work.

We first tried his style of painting a few weeks ago, but with pencils, and pastels. From there we notice that Vincent would have used a certain brush size to get the exact stroke he would want.

Later on we were able to create his Starry night art. While I was painting, I noticed that we had to create different shades of colours. Overall I thought this was a great experience with painting, and hope to do it again.

Here is my overall outcome. I hope you liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment