Pages

Tuesday 25 May 2021

Kauearanga Valley Christian Camp ( Reflection )

 From the 19th of May to the 21st, our year 8's including me, took part in a leadership camp. The camp was called Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp. We were all split into 4 groups. Each group was named after something that had to do with the camp site. The groups were Thames, Coromandel, Kauaeranga, and Kauri. I was in group Kauri. 

We had a heap mount of rotation. Two of my favourites, was the Flying Fox, and Ax throwing. My group, unfortunately didnt have a full rotation on the Flying Fox, but majority of us was able to have a turn. We had to go on the flying fox holding a red ball. As were getting closer to the end, there was a blue container. We all had to try to attempt to chuck the ball in the container, it was super fun. I got the ball in on my second try.

Ax throwing was my other favourite activity. We had to each have practice trys, before we had to make our own target. With all my trys I was able to get 2 ax's to stick on the wood. The thing I learnt in Ax throwing is to try different throws, to see which one actually worked.

Overall Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp was a amazing experience. It showed me ways on how to be an amazing leader to my peers and others, but it also helped my get out of my comfort zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment